Tuesday, September 2, 2008

How can I facilitate a student-centered classroom?
I can think outside the box of the "old" ways of doing things. I can embrace new technologies and strategies even if I am uncomfortable with them. By being open-minded and continuing to learn, I will set an example for my students.

How can I use technology to support my instructional practice?
The ways technology can be used are endless! You can take it from letting students type notes on a laptop to producing a classroom film project! I am excited to continue growing in this area.

3 comments:

Rachel Stueve said...

I need to add this sorry!

In your response also include your thoughts regarding how your understanding and knowledge have changed over time.

I think the biggest change for me has been being brave enough to try new technology. At first, if I wasn't totally confident, I would not attempt anything new. Now I realize that mistakes are part of growth and error is sometimes the best teacher!

Ann said...

Rachel, I agree that mistakes are a part of growth & error is sometimes the best teacher! Student need to see that we, as teachers, make mistakes too & that is also a part of learning.

Judy said...

Amen, to both comments! It is true for our students and it is true for us. Keep being persistent in all that you do.