Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Module 7

How can I facilitate a student-centered classroom?
It is important to create a classroom climate where students are not afraid to make mistakes & are comfortable taking chances. I feel students should be given choices in their learning & be able to learn
using their own learning styles. Cooperative learning is another way to facilitate a student-centered classroom & is great way to do project learning.

How can I use technology to support my instructional practice?
Technology supports my instructional practice in many ways. Using a powerpoint presentation to share information with parents is one way I am using technology. I am able to communicate with parents much
more effectively by the use of e-mail and my teacher web page. My classroom students are excited to learn using technology & I am able to find many resources on the internet to motivate & challenge each learner. I am slowly but surely becoming more confident in using technology & will continue to look for ways to improve my teaching using technology.

2 comments:

Beth Mortimer said...

Ann- I agree with your comment that students should be given choices in their learning and be able to learn using their own learning styles. As teachers these are things we are constantly thinking about. I also agree that the use of technology helps us be better educators. Beth

Judy said...

The exciting piece about technology is that the students are involved and are using it often. I think you have made great strides in the use of technologoy in this unit. Continue your great work.