Saturday, September 6, 2008

Module 7

How can I facilitate a student-centered classroom? I must create an environment that is welcoming, where students feel confident and willing to try new things. I don't want them to be worried about making mistakes or answering a question incorrecly. I must create activities and projects that allow students to explore and dive deep into meaning, rather than lecture and give tests. I want students to be in charge of their learning. I really like the idea of project-based learning because students are more hands-on and have a bigger voice. It promotes responsibility, as well.


How can I use technology to support my instructional practice? I want to move away from paper and pencil, and rely more on my computer. It saves on paper, and is much more engaging. I will use power points to teach, interactive and engaging websites, and many other things. I want students to be comfortable using everyday technology, such as laptops, projectors, scanners, printers, cameras, wikis, and blogs because we are becoming so technologically advanced in society. They need to be prepared for this to be successful in future careers.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Have you ever wondered what your second graders will be using for technology in ten years as seniors? We probably haven't even thought of it yet; it is changing so fast. I especially liked your comment about exploring deeply into meaning. The learning should become theirs which will make them life long learners.