Sunday, September 14, 2008

Module 7

*How can I facilitate a student-centered classroom?
One of the first things I can do to make sure my classroom is student-centered is to teach my students how to use the technology that they will be using. Since I teach first grade I usually start by teaching them the basics about the computers so that they can become comfortable using them and being independent. Once they are comfortable using the technology I can utilize unit plans that are more student centered. In first grade we spend a lot of time learning how to work in a student-centered classroom.

*How can I use technology to support my instructional practice?
I can use technology in a variety of ways. One way would be to allow my gifted student to work on a project of her own. This will allow her to work at her own pace and expand her knowledge beyond our first grade classroom. In our building we have new white boards this year and I can use it during instruction to help reinforce concepts.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Getting the students comfortable with the technology in a first grade classroom will be important. As you become more confortable with it also, you will find yourself relying on it to help each student achieve to his/her own potential.