Friday, September 19, 2008

Module 8

Reflect on how the focus of this module has helped you plan and create your unit.
How can I prepare for and facilitate an effective showcase?
The biggest factor in my showcase was being able to talk to the instructor when I had some major technical problems that were over my head. It was very reassuring to get support when I was very nervous everything wasn't going to work. Technology is wonderful...when it works!

How can I provide constructive feedback?
It is important to really look through a unit and see all the aspects. Everything I looked at was so good, I felt it made the requirement of evaluation easy!

Consider how the knowledge you gained from this module will impact your teaching and your students’ learning. Record your insights, key learnings, and questions or concerns in your reflection.
I believe what I have learned is already impacting students. Fifth graders presented Powerpoints of Native Americans yesterday. I feel more confident to try new things with the understanding that everything may not go as planned, but it is always an opportunity for learning! My biggest question is still how to master all the technology, but with everything changing as it does, I there will always be more to learn.

1 comment:

Judy said...

The showcases are great, aren't they? I am so pleased to know that you have had your class doing power points already. How did the fire part go? It is so exciting to me to hear teachers wanting to use technology. It is scary just as the unknown always is; you just keep trying.